SWAYAM – Online Higher Education Courses Portal for Teachers and Students
SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) https://swayam.gov.in/
SWAYAM stands for Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. this educational course portal was launched by Honorable President of India on 9th July 2017. SWAYAM has been developed co-operatively by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) and NPTEL, IIT Madras with the help of Google Inc. and Persistent Systems Ltd.
Currently more than 2,000 courses available for from Class 9 to till post-graduation, engineering, law and other professional courses. also for research to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time. from their places in online mode. Courses delivered through SWAYAM are available free of cost to the learners.
SWAYAM 4 Quadrants
The courses hosted on SWAYAM are designed on the basis of 4 quadrants
(1) Video lecture
(2) Reading material (for download/print)
(3) Self-assessment (tests /quizzes)
(4) Online discussion forum for clearing the doubts.
Categories of courses included in SWAYAM – Engineering, Science, Humanities, Management, Language, Mathematics, Arts and Recreation, Commerce, General, Library Science, Education and Research
National Coordinators of SWAYAM
Seven National Coordinators have been appointed to promote and provide quality courses to the learners. They are as follows.
- AICTE for Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching for faculty of the Engineering/University/ Institutions
- NPTEL for engineering
- UGC for post-graduation education
- CEC for under-graduate education
- NCERT for school education
- NIOS for school education
- IGNOU for out of the school students and
- IIMB for management studies
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR) for teacher training programme
Note:- Learners those who want certificate need to register and enroll them self to course on the SWAYAM portal and shall be offered a certificate on successful completion of the course, with a little fee.
For Certification Exam Mode:– Objective or Pen and Papers Mode (vary from course to course)
How to access SWAYAM Portal
- You can access the SWAYAM portal on the web – https://swayam.gov.in
Check the following Guideline
- Guideline for Developing Online Courses for SWAYAM
- University Grants Commission Gazette: Credit Framework for Online Learning Courses
- All India Council for Technical Education Gazette: Credit Framework for Online Learning Courses