Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) Exam–2023
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) examination is conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, it is the State Agency for conducting the State Eligibility Test (SET). The U.G.C. has accredited the SET examinations being held by the University of Pune as the State Agency of the Government of Maharashtra and at the Government of Goa. The candidates who qualifies the SET is only eligible for being selected as Assistant Professor in University/ affiliated college belonging to the same state whose SET Examination they have cleared i. e. only for Maharashtra and Goa State and not for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The exam is commenced in overall 32 subjects of Arts, Commerce, Science, Mental, Moral, , Management, Law, Social Sciences, Education and Physical Education.
The State Eligibility Test for Maharashtra & Goa states will be conducted based on syllabi of UGC.NET which have been updated and uploaded on the UGC website https://www.ugcnetonline.in which will be applicable for SET Exam except for the subjects Life Science,Chemical Science,Physical Science,Mathematical Science, Earth, Atmospheric,Ocean & Planetary Science. The updated syllabi are also available on the website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test (SET) Exam–2023 Online Registration
|1||Commencement of online Application(without late fee)||10.11.2022|
|2||Last date for Applying Online(without late fee)||30.11.2022|
|3||Last date for payment of Online Fee through credit Card/debit Card/Internet Banking(without late fee)||30.11.2022|
|4||Commencement of online Application(with late fee Rs.500/-)||01.12.2022|
|5||Last date for Applying Online(with late fee Rs.500/-)||07.12.2022|
|6||Last date for payment of Online Fee through credit Card/debit Card/Internet Banking(with late fee Rs.500/-)||07.12.2022|
|7||Commencement of Correction in Online Application Form on the website||08.12.2022|
|8||Last date of correction/editing in Online Application Form on the website (No Requests for corrections in the Application Form shall be entertained after 30-06-2021)||10.12.2022|
|9||Availability of Admit Card on website||16.03.2023|
|10||Date of Examination||26.03.2023|
Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in Support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form or Confirmation Page to the Nodal agency or to any coordinating center.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
- The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C , in a subject of SET
- At least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off)in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. The OBC/ SBC/DT(VJ)/NT [belonging to non-creamy
layer] and SC/ST//Trans-genders/PwD/Orphans who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent Examination are eligible for this test. The
candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ DT (A)(VJ)/ NT (B,C,D)/ SBC including PwD & Orphans, must ensure that they have a valid category certificate from the Govt. of Maharashtra & Goa.
- The candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is
still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered
eligible for Assistant Professor after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD/Orphans/Transgender
and OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/ [ Non-Creamy Layer only]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of
SET result, with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Candidates can make payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking only.
- For Open Category (General): Rs.800
- For SC/ST/**PwD/Transgender/Orphans : Rs.650
- For OBC/DT(A)(VJ)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SBC ( Non–Creamy Layer only)/EWS (Open): Rs.650
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test SET, 26th March, 2023 must apply online only on SET exam website: https://setexam.unipune.ac.in
- You will require to enter “NUMBER” of any one of the following documents while filling online application form: PAN/Aadhar card / Voter Id/ Passport /Ration card/ Bank account or any other Govt. Identity proof.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:-
- Passport size photograph in JPG/ JPEG format of maximum 50kb.
- Signature in JPG/ JPEG format of maximum 30kb.
- After filling all the details for applying online for SET, the candidates have to make payment through Credit card/Debit card/ Net Banking indicating your details.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with printout of their online admit card on the day of examination.
- Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on following SET website: http://setexam.unipune.ac.in
Please note that fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO, Challan etc. will be summarily rejected.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. SET State Agency will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days
|SET Examination : 26th March, 2023.|
|Important Instructions Before filling the Application Form
|1.||Email-ID is must for User Registration and only one profile can be created after User Registration.|
|2.||Email ID includes letters from A to Z and a to z and numbers 0-9 and special characters like .-_ only.|
|3.||Your Email ID will be your Username. Fill up the application form carefully because you can fill up the form ONLY ONCE.|
|4.||Enter Email-ID which is CORRECT and ACTIVE.|
|5.||Your Username and Password will be mailed to the same Email ID mentioned by you.|
|6.||Please provide a valid Email ID , as your Username and Password of the system will be mailed on that Email ID ONLY.|
|7.||Entering WRONG/INCORRECT Email ID will not receive the mail with login details, So please enter a valid Email ID to receive Username and Password.|
|8.||You have to create new User Registration for every Exam.|
|9.||Email ID and Password is case sensitive.|
|10.||NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ENTERTAINED REGARDING FORGOTTEN USERNAME OR PASSWORD.|
Application form is available only at the Website: https://setexam.unipune.ac.in
Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their application form to any coordinating Center in the States of Maharashtra and
Goa or to SET Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University,Pune.The list of the enrolled candidates will be displayed on the following website:- https://setexam.unipune.ac.in
The candidates whose names are missing but have paid fees should immediately mail a scanned copy of evidence of payment to email@example.com.The candidates should take a printout of the online application after filling up necessary information and retain it for future use.
CENTERS OF EXAMINATION:
The MH-SET will be conducted at the following 17 city centers only: Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded,
Amravati, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Panjim (Goa), Ratnagiri & Parbhani
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- The SET will be conducted offline in Objective Mode. The test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of
Examination in two separate sessions without break as under :
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It is primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and
general awareness of the candidate. Paper I shall consist of fifty (50)objective type compulsory questions, two marks each.
- Paper-II shall consist of hundred (100) objective type compulsory questions, (except mathematical science) based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks. In
Mathematical Science, a student has to attempt all questions (100) either from Sections I & II or from Sections I & III only. The OMR sheets with questions attempted from both sections
viz., II & III, will be rejected.
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering updated syllabi for all subjects.
- The candidate has to return the original OMR sheet to the invigilator on conclusion of each session. However, the candidates are allowed to carry the Test Booklet of Paper-I and II along
with duplicate copy of OMR sheets (carbon less copy) on conclusion of examination only.
- There will be no negative marking.
Syllabus of Exam
The Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for the States of Maharashtra & Goa will be conducted based on syllabi of UGC-NET&UGC-CSIR- NET, which have been updated and uploaded on the following websites: https://setexam.unipune.ac.in
These syllabi are also available on following websites :
These updated syallabi will be applicable for SET to be conducted on 26th March, 2023.
Now Paper II will contain 100 compulsory MCQs of two marks each from the subject selected by the candidate and the duration of this paper has been made as two hours (120 minutes). Kindly
note that the M-SET will be based on two papers only as per UGC- NET
- Prospectus/SET Exam Notification-2023
- Advertisement English
- Advertisement Marathi
- Visit: https://setexam.unipune.ac.in