UGC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME-2022
POST GRADUATE INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR
SINGLE GIRL CHILD
To promote girls education in India, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child to all levels especially for such girls who only single girl child in their family. the primary objective of this scheme to support post graduate education of single girl child in postgraduate courses only and to recognize the value of observance of small family norm. This scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
Scheme Name: PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 31-10-2022
- Defective Verification: Open till 15-11-2022
- Institute Verification : Open till 15-11-2022
Objectives of Scheme
The objectives of the proposed scheme are:
a) To support post graduate education of single girl child in postgraduate courses only.
b) To recognize the value of observance of small family norm
Scholarship Condition/Target Group
- Girl students who are admitted in the first year of PG courses in the Universities / Colleges
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Girl students without having any brother
- The girl student who is twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply
Eligibility For Scholarship
- Age limit: Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in first year of PG courses are eligible.
- The scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full– time first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme
- Single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full time first year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college.
- Admission in Distance education is not allowed
- Rs.36,200/- p.a. for a period of two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course.
- 3,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National
Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/
How to Apply
For more details about Scheme Check the Detail Visit: www.scholarships.gov.in
- This is the short summery of the scheme “PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD“
- For more details Please check the details of this scheme on the Guideline provided on the Scholarship portal or Visit Scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in to Apply and to check procedure how to get this scholarship.
- UGC “ISHAN UDAY” SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME -2022
- UGC INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP-2022 FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD-2022
- UGC RANK HOLDERS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME-2022
- UGC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC ST STUDENTS-2022
- AICTE – PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME-2022