ICMR/NIAID/BMGF Clinical Research Fellowship Programme-2022
the fellowship provided by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)/Department of Health Research(DHR) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)/National Institutes of Health (NIH),in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF),have teamed up to provide a opportunity through Clinical Research fellowship.
This fellowship will enable clinicians from India and the United States of America (USA) to conduct research & hands-on experience in Indian and US labs that will advance discovery to improve clinical practice and benefit public health in both countries.
ICMR/NIAID/BMGF Clinical Research Fellowship Exchange Program: Participants from India
Duration of Fellowship : Upto 3 months
Number of Fellowships: 4 fellowships per year on each side
Age limit: Above 18 years and not more than 60 years as on last date of receipt of
For Indian applicants
- The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- The applicant should possess an M.D./M.S. with or without Ph.D. from a recognized Institute in India.
- The applicationshould also include a letter by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
- Parent Indian institute may continue to pay salary and other benefits such as leave, medical gratuity, General Provident Fund, pension as applicable to the fellow candidate while he/she is away for the fellowship as per the parent institute’s rules/norms. No liability on any of these accounts will be borne by ICMR/DHR.
- The Fellows will be required to execute a copy of a will/legal/service bond of Rs. 5.00 lakh to the parent Indian institute that he/she belongs to and will serve the parent Indian institute for a period of at least one year after return from International fellowship.
- The Fellow should submit a final work report (in the prescribed format- Annexure-I) on the research and training activities undertaken in the foreign laboratory/institute during the fellowship period. This should be submitted within 2 weeks of his/her return.
- The Utilisation Certificate (in the prescribed format- Annexure-II) should be submitted by the Fellow within 2 weeks of return for final adjustment of stipend/bills.
- Total claim bills on the budget head of fellowship will be reimbursed not exceeding the specified amount.
- In the event of cancellation of travel ticket due to change of the date of visit/change of sector of journey or any other reasons, the cancellation charges and difference of fare, if any, will be met by the Fellow.
- ICMR will not be liable for anything whatsoever including GOI clearances, medical insurance etc., beyond the specified/official duration of stay of Fellow in the foreign country.
For more Details about this fellowship : Click here
Last Date to Apply : 1 June, 2022
Check Detailed: Guideline for Indian Participants