“ISHAN UDAY” SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR NORTH EASTERN REGION
UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15. Provided by Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission for promotion of higher education in the North Eastern Region NER.
- Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year
- For general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses ascertified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study
- Students with domicile of NER
- Parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme.
Condition for Institutional admission:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) ofUGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying.
- Domicile certificate .
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ College.
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year on the basis of population census(last).
- Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD)
Amount Of Scholarship:
- Rs.5400/-per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/-per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
Procedure for Applying For The Scheme: Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. https://scholarships.gov.in/
How to Apply:
Apply for fresh or renewal of this Scholarship on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Link at www.scholarships.gov.in.