Jr. Library Associate post at IIM Nagpur
Position: Jr. Library Associate
Qualification and Experience:
A Master’s Degree in Library Science /Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent Grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization of library
- Selected candidate will need to work in shift duties.
- To assist in procurement of course material i.e. books, articles, cases, simulations, etc. for various programs offered at IIM Nagpur.
- To assist in procurement of library resources (print & online).
- To perform library outreach activities.
- Answering to user reference queries.
- Compilation of usage statistics on regular basis.
- To attend any other duties assigned by the institute authorities from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent hands on experience of MS-Office tools such as MS-Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of procurement of learning resources.
- Basic knowledge of IT applications used in libraries.
- Knowledge of library procedures and standards (such as DDC, MARC format etc.).
- Hands on experience of library software applications such as KOHA, DSPACE etc.
Post qualification experience of minimum 1 year in academic library is essential. Experience in an institute of national repute like IIMs or IITs will be a distinct advantage.
Age Limit: 25 years to 30 years.
alary & Allowances: Selected candidates will be offered a fixed-term appointment for a period of One year on IIM Nagpur contract/third-party contract on a consolidated monthly salary on CTC mode. The contract may be extended further based on the performance /satisfactory discharge of duties and institute’s requirements.
IIM Nagpur an equal opportunity employer and encourages Women, SC, ST, OBC, PwD and EWS candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY on IIM Nagpur website latest by 5:00 PM on 22nd November 2021
for more details visit:https://www.iimnagpur.ac.in/jr-library-associate/