UGC CARE: Consortium Portal for Indian Academic and Research Ethics Quality Mandate for Academicians
In this section we are going to take a overview about the UGC -CARE Consortium.
UGC CARE: Consortium is a portal for Academic and Research Ethics quality mandate to match global standards of high quality research, in all academic disciplines under its purview. This mandates provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) under the 28th of November, 2018, notification for the academic research quality control with the Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) to carry out this mandate.
Objectives of the UGC-CARE
Table of Contents
- 1 Objectives of the UGC-CARE
- 2 The Scope of the UGC-CARE List
- 3 UGC Cell for Journal Analysis
- 4 UGC-CARE List
- 5 Updation of UGC-CARE List
- 6 Non-inclusion of Journals in CARE list
- 7 Zone wise UGC CARE Universities (UGC-CARE Universities)
- 8 Cloned Journals
- 9 More web links to Explore
- 10 Consortium for Academic Research and Ethics CARE- E-Book
- To promote quality research, academic integrity and publication ethics in Indian universities.
- To promote high quality publications in reputed journals that would help in achieving higher global ranks.
- To develop an approach and methodology for identification of good quality journals.
- To prevent publications in predatory/ dubious / sub-standard journals, which reflect adversely and tarnish the image of Indian academia.
- To create and maintain a “UGC-CARE Reference List of Quality Journals” (UGC-CARE List) for all academic purposes.
The Scope of the UGC-CARE List
- UGC-CARE has taken the responsibility of preparing the “UGC-CARE Reference List of Quality Journals” (UGC-CARE List).
- A list of Indian journals, especially from disciplines of Arts, Humanities, Languages, Culture and Indian Knowledge Systems is being prepared and updated quarterly (UGC-CARE Group I).
- The UGC-CARE List includes journals from all disciplines indexed in globally accepted databases, such as indexed in Scopus (Source list) or Web of Science (Arts and Humanities Citation Index Source Publication, Science Citation Index Expanded Source Publication, Social Science Citation Index Source Publication). These journals are to be considered for all academic purposes. Journals indexed in Scopus and / or Web of Science are part of UGC-CARE List Group II.
UGC Cell for Journal Analysis
UGC has established a “Cell for Journals Analysis” at SPPU, Pune (UGC Cell, SPPU) at the Centre for Publication Ethics (CPE), and Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) to create and maintain the UGC-CARE List. INFLIBNET Centre, Gandhinagar, is serving as a supporting agency.
At present the UGC-CARE List has only TWO groups, These are NOT hierarchic or ranked groups.
- UGC-CARE List Group I: Journals found qualified through UGC-CARE protocols
- UGC-CARE List Group II: Journals indexed in globally recognised databases. (journal indexed in Web of Science or Scopus database is the part of the of UGC-CARE List Group II)
Updation of UGC-CARE List
Basically UGC-CARE List of journals is dynamic and it shall be updated quarterly in every. i.e. on the first of January, April, July, and October (or on the next working day if there is a public holiday on these dates) every year.
Non-inclusion of Journals in CARE list
Following could be the reasons for non-inclusion:
- The journals might not have been received through the IQAC center of particular university.
- The journals might have not fulfilled the qualifying protocols.
Zone wise UGC CARE Universities (UGC-CARE Universities)
- Northern Zone – Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
[Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand]
- Western Zone The M. S. University of Baroda Vadodara,
[Chhattisgarh, Dadara and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra]
- Southern Zone- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
[Andaman & Nicobar, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana]
- Eastern Zone- Tezpur University, Assam
[Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal]
If you look into the UGC CARE, You Can Search the UGC CARE listed journals of subject wise, Title wise, Publisher wise and also using ISSN no etc. on UGC-CARE portal. With simple registration and search process it is possible know information about reputed publisher’s journal with current status. It is very helpful to researcher and academician to improve the research. Also helpful to aware about fake and cloned journals, and fallow the ethical mandate of research.
The UGC-CARE List is available on the website https://ugccare.unipune.ac.in
- UGC CARE Journal Submission
- Format for Recommendation of a new journal
- UGC CARE FAQ
- Predatory publishing
NOTE: This post is specially write to aware the academician, researcher and student to aware the FAKE Journals and to know the Quality Mandate of UGC about the research.
(Read, post your views & Comment on this post below and Share this post to other)