ICSSR Sponsored Ten Days Research Methodology Course for M.Phil /Ph.D. / PDF Scholars in Social Sciences
Ten Days Research Methodology Course for M.Phil /Ph.D. / PDF Scholars in Social Sciences
School of Commerce (UGC-SAP-DRS-I) Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) New Delhi
- 13th September to 22nd September, 2022
- Venue: Seminar Hall, School of Commerce, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046
Key Topics to be Covered:
The course will be conducted in both lecture and interactive mode. In addition to the interactive classroom lectures, the participants will also be introduced to how to use software like SPSS, AMOS, and E-Views for data analysis. The contents of the course are:-
- Meaning, Objectives & Types of Research, Research Design, Selection of research topic, Review of Literature, Case Study.
- Ethics in Social Science Research.
- Academic Writing, Papers for Journals, Methods for Avoiding Plagiarism, Preparation of Reports.
- Introduction to Model Building. – Introduction to SPSS, Parametric and Non- parametric Tests, Correlation and Regression analysis, Factor analysis. – Introduction to AMOS, CFA, Validity, Model Building, Mediation, and Moderation – Introduction to E-Views, Time series analysis, Cross-sectional analysis, and Panel data analysis.
Who Should Participate?
M.Phil, Ph.D., and PDF social science research scholars enrolled in any recognized universities or affiliated colleges.
The maximum intake of scholars for the workshop shall be 30 which includes ten (10) from the city, ten (10) from the state, and ten (10) from outside the state.
Application Fee and Procedure:
- There is no application fee for the course, and thus all the eligible and interested scholars may apply through a filled registration form and a brief write-up before 20″‘ August 2022.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified on 30,h August 2022.
- All the outstation candidates shall be provided free of cost food along with boarding and lodging on the campus. Traveling allowances (TA) is payable only for the sleeper class travel by railways or normal bus fare on the production of original tickets. The reimbursement of the fare shall be as per ICSSR rules and guidelines
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply to the Course-Director with a duly filled registration form on or before 20″1 August 2022 and requested to send the registration form to the course director in Hardcopy by post. The registration form/ Forwarding letter is enclosed with this notification.
- The registration form and brochure can also be downloaded from the University website https://b-u.ac.in/.
- The candidates are also required to send the filled registration form duly forwarded by the supervisor and Head of the Department/Institution to the Course Director on https://forms.gle/SkLxdTPvoP9Km4TC7
Duration of the course, important dates & venue:
- Last date for the receipt of application form: 20th August 2022
- Intimation of Selection: 30th August 2022
- Workshop/Course Dates: 13th -22nd September, 2022
- Venue: Department of commerce, Bharathiar University
For more details Check: Brochure
For more Updates Join-Telegram